It’s that time of the year when the air is crisp, clothes are added in layers, and houses contain the sweet aroma of home baked cookies. These mark the beginning of the holiday season. While you are baking cookies and slaving over the stove to prepare the perfect holiday meal for friends and family to enjoy, don’t forget a major part of your family – your dog. We know those begging puppy eyes can be so hard to say no to, so why not make them their own special holiday treat? This is why those of us at Coastal Pet Products have decided to make our pets a part of the holiday tradition. We took the time to create some no-bake howliday treats for our canine companions this season. Follow these simple steps to leave your pets barking for more!
1. Gather your ingredients. All you will need is 1 cup of pumpkin puree, ¼ cup of peanut butter, ¼ cup of milk, and 3 cups old fashioned oats.
2. In a bowl add the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, milk, and 2 ½ cups of oats (the remaining oats will be used later).
3. Mix the ingredients together on high with an electric mixer. The ingredients should be well blended.
4. Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, roll the blended mixture into 1 ½ inch balls and roll them in the remaining ½ cup oats. Place finished balls on a cookie sheet.
5. Cover and place in the refrigerator until firm, approximately 1 hour.
6. Give to your dog to enjoy!
If you would like to reference the original recipe, please go to https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366033-no-bake-peanut-butter-oat-dog-treats.